Course Textbook APA Citation:
Kroemer, K., Kroemer, H., & Kroemer-Elbert, K. (2001). Ergonomics: How to design for ease and efficiency (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Unit 8 Research Paper
For your Research Paper assignment, please select and answer ONE of the following questions in a well-organized and thoughtful paper, five to seven pages in length.
1. Observe your work environment for a period of one to three days. Take note of particular habits of employees relating to ergonomic issues (i.e. posture at workstations, lifting techniques, patterns of movements, biomechanical factors). Refer to page 333 of the textbook and develop a hypothesis around your observations. Describe how you would go about testing that hypothesis, and how you would ultimately implement a training program, behavior modification, or design change to the environment, equipment, or process to positively affect what you observed.
Special Note: In conducting your observations it is important that you observe only your work environment. There should be no effort made to intervene or to experiment due to federal guidelines related to research performed on human subjects.
2. In the textbook, review Tables 8-8 (p. 399) and 11-8 (p. 557). Choose one or more examples from each, or both, tables. Compare and analyze the key ergonomic principles involved with the movements, activities or techniques. Explain why you think injuries associated with these disorders, activities, or techniques continue to be observed, and offer your opinions on how you would structure an ergonomic program to effect a positive, measurable change to the chosen example situations.
3. If there is an ergonomic topic of particular interest to you that you feel would be appropriate for a research paper project, then you may discuss the topic with your course professor. Carefully outline the topic, scope, content, and resource materials you intend to use before you contact the professor for approval of the topic.
4. The University Online Library is an excellent source for material. The following peer-reviewed journals are good sources:
· Journal of Occupational Medicine
· Environmental & Occupational Health
· International Journal of Cognitive Ergonomics
· Applied Ergonomics
Submit your selected topic and summary outline to your professor via e-mail before you begin writing your Research Paper. Generally, your outline should include the following major sections, which correspond to level 1 headings per APA publications guidelines:
1. Introduction–Briefly describe issue and state the purpose for the paper.
2. Background–Review relevant literature on the subject. This is a good section to satisfy the requirement for at least five primary sources. Be sure to use APA formatted in-text citations to identify sources for information. Note that in-text citations are required even if the information has been reworded.
3. Methods–State how you will address the issue. For example, you could perform a literature of review of related research literature, conduct interviews, and/or perform observations. If you use a tool such as a standardized checklist you should provide information from the research literature on the tool’s reliability and validity.
4. Results–Present the findings from implementation of your selected methods. The inclusion of tables, figures, and/or pictures in addition to describing the results in the text adds much to the paper’s readability.
5. Conclusions–Present your conclusions and recommendations. In general your own opinions should only be included in this section.
6. References–Must be in APA format
As stated above the Roman Numeral headings in the example outline above are level 1 headings. The next level (A, B, C, etc.) within your outline would be level 2 headings per APA and so forth. Research paper title page and reference page are not included in the required paper length. Your paper must contain at least five references, and may include Internet sources, books, and professional journals or resources related to the profession.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more