Discussion Question 1 – CLO 1
Please read chapters One & Two of your textbook and demonstrate your understanding of The Fundamentals of Managerial Economics by answering the following questions:
Jamie is considering leaving her current job, which pays $75,000 per year, to start a new company that develops applications for smartphones. Based on market research, she can sell about 50,000 units during the first year at a price of $4 per unit. With annual overhead costs and operating expenses amounting to $145,000. Jamie expects a profit margin of 20 percent. This margin is 5 percent larger than that of her largest competitor, Apps, Inc.
1. If Jamie decides to embark on her new venture, what will her accounting costs be during the first year of operation?
– Her company’s implicit costs?
– Her company’s opportunity costs?
2. Suppose that Jamie’s estimated selling price is lower than originally projected during the first year. How much revenue would she need in order to earn:
3. Positive accounting profits?
4. Positive economic profits
1. Define the words in your own words. Do not directly quote from the textbook.
2. Need to write at least 2 paragraphs
3. Need to include the information from the textbook as the reference.
4. Need to include at least 2 peer-reviewed articles as the reference.
5. Need to provide examples whenever applicable.
6. Please find the related PowerPoint and textbook in the attachment.
7. Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide in-text citations in support of your argument. Include examples whenever applicable.
8. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment.
Baye, M. R., & Prince, J. T. (2017). Managerial economics and business strategy (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more