Cross-cultural awareness involves understanding both our own and the client’s culturally-based perspectives. The first step in this complex process is developing an understanding of how our own cultural background informs our perspectives as practitioners. The purpose of this draft is to increase students’ knowledge and understanding of diversity issues through self-reflection:
1. Draft an introduction which prepares the reader for the topics explored.
2. Describe your family of origin’s ethnic/cultural membership (this may involve more than one group membership).
3. Discuss your family of origin’s position on the following topics: race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, age, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation, mental illness, physical ability, AND intelligence/cognitive ability.
4. Discuss the values you personally have incorporated and/or rejected as a result of your family’s ethnic/cultural membership.
5. Discuss the ways in which your own experiences of privilege and/or marginalization have shaped your personal values, beliefs and cultural membership. Use at least one theory from person-in-environment, sociocultural)
6. Identify cross-cultural issues you believe will challenge your practice as a social worker. For example, you may want to look at your personal expectations and consider whether you might hold them for clients. Identify values from the Code of Ethics that apply to these cross-cultural issues.
7. Discuss how you will manage differences between yourself and your clients (individuals, groups, families, communities) in your future social work practice and describe the ways in which you will work to engage with clients who do not share your personal values and beliefs.
8. Provide a conclusion which ties up the key points discussed in the draft.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more