Assignment 3: Prescribing Policies
Due Week 7 and worth 170 points
Write five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
(Note: Refer to Review Question 8 located at the end of Chapter 5 for criteria 1-3.)
1. Determine the following before deciding a prescription: (a) maximize effectiveness at the least cost; (b) maximize effectiveness at a fixed cost of $10,000; (c) achieve a fixed-effectiveness level of 6,000 units of service at a fixed cost of $20,000; (d) maximize net benefits, assuming that each unit of service has a market price of $10; (e) maximize the ration of benefits to costs, assuming that each unit of service has a market price of $10.
2. Determine which of the two main programs (Program I and Program II) should be selected under each of these criteria. Justify your position.
3. Describe the conditions under which each criterion may be an adequate measure of the achievement of objectives.
(Note: Refer to the Demonstration Exercise at the end of Chapter 5 for criteria 4-9.)
4. Determine the assumptions that govern estimates of the value of time lost driving, indicating which assumptions (if any) are more tenable than others. Justify your position.
5. Determine the best way to estimate the value of time. Justify your position.
6. Determine the best way to estimate the cost of a gallon of gasoline. Justify your position.
7. Determine the more reliable method to estimate driving speeds and miles per gallon by using (a) official statistics on highway traffic from the Environmental Protection Agency or by using (b) engineering studies of the efficiency of gasoline engines by the Department of Energy. Discuss any consequences of using one source rather than another. Justify your position.
8. Estimate the value of a life saved. Justify your position.
9. Determine which policy is preferable, (a) the 55-mph speed limit or (b) the 65-mph limit. Justify your position.
10. Provide at least two (2) academic or government resources to support your views. (Note: Do not use open source Websites such Wikipedia, Sparknotes.com, Ask.com, and similar Websites are not acceptable resources.)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more