Sustainable Aquatic Ecosystem
Select a habitat and develop a blog article or paper that addresses its location, its species’ habitat requirements, and management strategies used to help sustain the habitat.
Select one of the following habitats along with a location and submit it to your instructor for approval during Week Two. For example, you may choose peatlands in Ireland, Lake Michigan in the United States, mangrove forests in Thailand, or the coral reefs of Australia.
· Aquatic caves
· Coastal dunes
· Coral reefs
· Freshwater lakes
· Freshwater marshes
· Mangrove wetlands
· Rivers and streams
· Rocky intertidal zone
· Upwelling ecosystems
Select and complete one of the following assignments:
Develop a 1,050-word paper. Review the articles on the National Geographic News & Information Blog “Nat Geo NewsWatch” (http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com/blogs/) for examples of style and tone.
Include the following points:
1. Describe your ecosystem and its location. Discuss the ecosystem processes of your selected site and compare them to common ecosystem processes generally found in most aquatic habitats.
2. Describe three species from your selected habitat and discuss their habitat requirements including any interactions with other species: competition, predation, or mutualism.
3. Explain which management practices are used to sustainably manage the ecosystem. Which ecological principles are these practices based on? What steps can be taken to improve the sustainable management of your selected ecosystem? What role(s) do the species interrelations play in sustainably managing your selected aquatic ecosystem? Use your selected species for supporting examples.
a. What is the relationship between sustainably managing your selected ecosystem and managing municipal water resources? If there is no direct relationship between your aquatic ecosystem and municipal water resources, then consider how ecological management of wild aquatic systems can be applied to managing municipal water resources. Include ecological theory, self-organization and renewal, or biodiversity.
b. Submit your paper as a Microsoft® Word document.
c. The paper should include at least one photo with permission from the author and a complete reference.
1) Do not include any copyrighted photos.
2) Photos can be copied and pasted into a Microsoft® Word document.
d. Include three references from reputable sources such as government web pages, international conservation organizations, newspaper articles, and articles from the University Library.
Work should be done in APA Format
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more