“Recitatif,” by Toni Morrison
1. How does Roberta remember the Maggie incident differently from Twyla? Why does Twyla find this disturbing?
2. Under what circumstances do Roberta and Twyla have their most hostile meeting?
3. The author does not clearly indicate the racial identity of the two girls, i.e., who is black, and who is white. In a story that gives much descriptive detail, how do you explain this omission?
“The Red Convertible,” by Louise Erdrich
4. What talent does Lyman say he always had?
5. What does Lyman imply when he says that even when Henry returned from Vietnam, “for him it [the war] would keep on going”?
6. Why does Lyman deliberately trash the red convertible?
7. How is it clear that Henry is not trying to save himself? What do his final words indicate?
“Why I Live at the P.O.,” by Eudora Welty
8. Why is Sister (the narrator) skeptical about Stella-Rondo’s claim that her two-year-old daughter is adopted?
9. What evidence does the story give to justify Sister’s belief that “the whole entire house [is] on Stella-Rondo’s side and turned against [her]”?
10. What action of Uncle Rondo’s finally leads Sister to move out? What does Sister do prior to moving out?
Extra credit: These three stories all deal with complex relationships between siblings or friends. Does the relationship improve or deteriorate as each story progresses? Are the relationship conflicts ultimately resolved in these stories? Refer specifically to each story.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more