you will complete a series of assignments that mirror the steps required for the successful planning, implementation and evaluation of a project intervention for a public health promotion or disease prevention program. The overall steps for developing an evidence-based project intervention include:
1. Assessment of a target population and health issue
2. Selection of public health theory to inform evidence-based intervention
3. Development of a SMART plan
4. Development of program implementation plan and identification of stakeholders
5. Selection of evaluation for intervention
6. Development of evaluation and stakeholder engagement plan
You will use the information from each assignment to further assist in the development of each upcoming assignment. By the culmination of the course, you will have outlined the specific activities necessary to create a realistic intervention for a public health project designed to reach an attainable goal for a select target population.
For this assignment, you will complete the first step of this project with an assessment of a target population or community and a health issue. In a narrative of 1,000-1,250 words, address each of the following parts of the community needs assessment:
1. Describe the public health issue to be assessed.
2. Describe the community and region to be assessed: Your community can be defined by geography (i.e., neighborhood, city, state, etc.) and/or by specific target population (i.e., immigrants, race/ethnic group, elderly, etc.).
3. Identify population needs and assets that influence the health issue for this community. Provide evidence to support the identified needs and assets. Sources of data include past published community needs assessments; county health rankings, BRFSS, state government agencies, chambers of commerce, nonprofit organizations, community health centers.
4. Describe health disparities that exist and discuss what drives those disparities (policies, cultural norms, systems, etc.).
5. Describe cultural needs: Discuss the cultural values and practices that will need to be considered in the design of a program for this community.
6. Describe overall challenges and barriers to addressing the public health issue with this community.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more