Please post thoughtful responses and comments to the following questions. After you post your answers, read your class members’ postings. Do you find any interesting postings? Comment on those postings and discuss different thoughts.
Please post thoughtful responses and comments to the following questions.
1. Watch the video ‘Socialization’ under the Week 4 Content and read ‘Socialization’ from Week 4 Learning Resources. Define socialization. Explain how you have been socialized via the agents of socialization. What does your socialization tell you about the importance and limits of socialization?
2. Based on your observations or/and your own experience, when are adolescents more likely to listen to their parents or to their peer groups when making decisions? What types of dilemmas lend themselves toward one social agent over another? Explain using an example.
3. What did George Herbert Mead mean by ‘self? Explain the steps of the development of the self. Do you think where you are in the development of the self now? Why?
4. Watch the videos, ‘Gang Member-Turned-Ph.D. Mentors Youth on the Fringes,’ and ‘Dr. Victor Rios- Street Life: Poverty, Gangs, and a Ph.D.’ Discuss your reaction of the videos.
5.Sociologists stress that the definition of what is deviant varies from time to time and from place to place. Define the concept of deviance, and provide an example how a deviant behavior can vary depending on the historical time, place, and culture from your own experience.
6.Explain the major ideas of labeling theory, including the concepts of primary and secondary deviance, and stigma. Explain how the primary deviance turns to the secondary deviance using an example.
7. How does differential association theory explain how people learn to be and deviant or/and criminal? Explain using an example.
Openstax Intro to Sociology – Chapter 5 & 7 – https://assets.openstax.org/oscms-prodcms/media/documents/IntroductionToSociology2e-OP_tbTLqMj.pdf
Gang Member-Turned-Ph.D. Mentors Youth on the Fringes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3H5qoU_Mo&t=1s
Willard Presents: Dr. Victor Rios- Street Life: Poverty, Gangs, and a Ph.D. – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTro7BqtBQk
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more