Choose a high profile case, your choice must be approved by your instructor. In 1200 words, examine the following:
1. Summarize the high profile case you have chosen.
2. Describe how rational choice or trait theory apply to the case; if both apply, explain how they apply, and if neither applies explain why.
3. Explain how rational choice or trait theory can be used to explain why the people committed the crime.
4. Describe how rational choice and trait theorists would view this specific case.
5. Explain significant studies used by the theorists and how the studies might apply to understanding the case.
Use three to five scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Please remember to include the HTTP or DOI or ISBN for your references
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Reading Assignment for the week
1. Read Chapters 4 and 7 in Introduction to Criminology: Why Do They Do It?
2. Watch “On the Trail of Evil: A Journey to the Center of the Brain” [Video file] In Films on Demand (2011).
3. Read “The Assumption of Rational Choice Theory in Alfred Adler’s Theory of Crime: Unraveling and Reconciling the Contradiction in Adlerian Theory through Synthesis and Critique,” by Shon & Barton-Bellessa, from Aggression and Violent Behavior (2015).
4. Read “A Descriptive Model of the Hunting Process of Serial Sex Offenders: A Rational Choice Perspective,” by Beauregard, Rossmo, & Proulx, from Journal of Family Violence (2007).
5. Read “The Unusual Suspect: The General Factor of Personality (GFP), Life History Theory, and Delinquent Behavior,” by van der Linden, Dunkel, Beaver, & Louwen, from Evolutionary Behavioral Sciences (2015).
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more