PROJECT 2: COLORING BOOK
The purpose of this project is to demonstrate your understanding of the following course concepts:
1. Apply fundamental concepts of vector image composition to create professional digital media.
2. Identify and describe vector image editing techniques and their use in the development of digital media for current and emerging applications.
3. Use industry standard software to create and manipulate vector artwork following workflow processes for delivery across multiple platforms, including print, Web sites, interactive projects, and video.
4. Produce vector artwork following ethical principles and legal guidelines.
This project is designed to incorporate the main tools that a designer uses to create vector art, such as the pen tool, colors, and shapes. A design component of a coloring book page is the use of patterns and line work.
The theme of design is your choice. Some ideas include: favorite cartoon, sports, music, pop art, art deco, famous landmarks or places. Also keep in mind, that you are graded on the overall design of the page. The coloring book page should follow good design principles. It should be detailed and visually appealing.
You will create two versions of the coloring book page, including a page with just the linework and a colored in version of the page.
The coloring book page should demonstrate:
1. Pen tool: at least one design element must be created by the pen tool, including Bezier curves.
2. Stroke: stroke should be applied to the linework to create the coloring lines.
3. Shapes: use shapes to create a design element. Use the pathfinder to unite, minus front, intersect, divide, exclude, merge.
4. Text: incorporate text into the design. Use create outlines to modify the shape of the text to fit the theme of the design.
5. Symbols: a minimum of one design element should be a modified symbol. The symbol should be modified (i.e. changing colors or lines).
6. Pattern: use a design element made of shapes to create a pattern in the design using either a pattern brush or the symbol sprayer.
7. Layers: layers should be present and used appropriately. Layers should be named appropriately.
8. Fill: the design should be in color. A minimum of 3 colors should be used in each design.
9. Gradient: a minimum of one design element on one stamp must have a gradient.
10. Swatches: create a minimum of one custom swatch. Name the swatch.
Artist Statement Rationale
11. After you have designed the coloring book page, write an artist statement that includes:
a. Discuss your design in terms of visual appeal, creativity, and readability.
i. Discuss why the design appeals to the intended audience.
ii. Discuss why you used certain design elements and fonts.
12. Submit the source file (i.e. Adobe Illustrator-.ai, Inkscape-.svg), PDF, and .png of both versions – linework and colored in version.
13. Please submit your completed project to your Assignments Folder before the due date.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more