Read Case Study 3: Managing Supplier Quality: Integrated Devices on pp. 839-541, then answer the following questions/mandates:
1. Calculate the Cp level? and Cpk of the process that produces the component purchased by Integrated Devices. Remember – process width = six times the standard deviation of the sample.
a. Can the process at Trexler satisfy design requirements?
b. What should be a target Cpk?
2. Why is it important to prove that a process is proven capable before developing statistical control limits (i.e., SPC charts)?
3. Is Integrated Devices being reactive or proactive when it comes to managing supplier quality? Why?
4. Discuss the possible advantages of negotiating quality requirements directly into supplier contracts.
5. What is the risk of relying on product samples when selecting suppliers?
a. What is the risk of relying too heavily on unit cost when making the selection decision?
6. Why was it so important for Bill to work with Plant No. 3 personnel before visiting Trexler?
7. The local buyer at Integrated Devices did not seem pleased that a corporate team selected the supplier that the local plants must use.
a. Why do firms use corporate commodity teams to select suppliers?
b. How can firms get support from plant personnel for company wide suppliers
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more