DUE DATE: MONDAY, MAY 10, 2021
(PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1. OPEN BOOK: This exam is “open book,” which means you are permitted to use the course PowerPoint slides for UNITS 6-10, your own class notes, the readings shared in class, and anything on the course’s Blackboard page.
2. UNACCOMPANIED: The exam must be taken completely alone. Showing it or discussing it with anyone is forbidden. You may not consult with any other person regarding the exam. You may not check your exam answers with any person.
3. NO EXTERNAL SOURCES: You may not consult any external resources. This means no internet searches, materials from other classes or books or any notes you have taken in other classes, etc. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other search engines for any reason. You may not use any shared Google documents.
4. PLAGIARISM: Copying and pasting answers from other students (past and present) or websites such as Wikipedia.com, History.com, Blackpast.org, Britannica.com or others will cause you to FAIL this exam.
5. TIME MANAGEMENT: Please take time to read each question carefully and avoid leaving blank answers. Giving yourself ample time to complete this exam is highly suggested. Waiting until the night before or the morning of to begin this exam in not recommended.
6. QUESTIONS: All questions regarding this exam should be directed to Dr. Dupree-Wilson at [email protected] only.
7. SUBMISSION: Your exam must be typed and submitted through the Exams Tab on Blackboard in Microsoft WORD format by Monday, May 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM. IF THE BLACKBOARD SYSTEM IS DOWN, YOU MAY ALSO EMAIL YOUR EXAM TO DR. DUPREE-WILSON.
PART I. COMPREHENSIVE ESSAYS. Please answer ALL FOUR (4) essay questions presented below and write a 10-14-sentence essay for each. DO NOT SIMPLY COPY AND PASTE BULLET POINTS FROM THE UNIT POWERPOINTS. YOU MUST WRITE CLEAR AND CONCISE ESSAYS. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete these essays, if you do, you will fail this exam.
1. As we learned in Unit 6, in the early 20th century, Hollywood produced images of blacks that were inaccurate, stereotypical and highly offensive. Over time, black characters in TV and film were presented in a more positive way. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss some of the problematic characters and television shows that emerged in early Hollywood. Please be sure to discuss what led to Hollywood’s shift in its presentation of African American characters and cite specific examples of black actors who changed TV and film forever. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
2. As we examined in Unit 7, during the second wave of the Great Migration, African Americans developed political capacities in the North that were not available in the South. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss the impact of African American Bloc Voting and provide examples of the major political alliances that African Americans formed with various organizations and individuals. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
3. In Unit 8, we explored the Great Migration and the modern Civil Rights Movement. The Civil Rights Movement offered many major milestones that were both distressing and monumental, especially in the year 1963. In 10-14 sentences, please discuss the four (4) major events that occurred in 1963, which served as turning points for the movement. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
4. In Unit 9, we surveyed the emergence of the African American Elite in major cities. Throughout the early to mid-20th century, several wealthy African Americans engaged in the discriminatory practice of “colorism.” In 10-14 sentences, please define what colorism is, how it manifested among the African American Elite and its impact in Black America. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (25 POINTS)
PART II. EXTRA CREDIT ESSAY (OPTIONAL). In Unit 10, we surveyed the rise of African American politicians after the Great Migration. By the 1970s and 80s, several major U.S. cities witnessed the arrival of African American mayors. In 8-10 sentences, please discuss at least three (3) African American mayors that were highlighted in Unit 10 and some of the major achievements of their mayoral tenure. You MAY NOT use GOOGLE, BING or any other internet search engines to complete this essay, if you do, you will fail this exam. (10 POINTS)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more