Please follow the directions below. The Dehew Health System is attached below.
Assessment #1: Understanding an Income Statement
You are an intern in a health care organization business office. The calculations can be done for FY 2018 or 2019. Make sure to identify the year you used. Use the Dehew Health System income statement in the attachment, please develop a 4-6 page paper responding to the following questions regarding the income statement:
1. What is an income statement used for?
2. What are the key components of an income statement?
3. On your example of an income statement, is the organization making a profit or loss? How much is that profit or loss? Show the calculations. (Total Revenues – Total Expenses = Net Profit/Loss)
4. On your example of an income statement, what is the “total contribution margin”? Show the calculations. (Net Sales – Total Variable Costs=Total Contribution Margin).
5. What three financial indicators does a contribution margin help determine? How?
6. What is a break-even analysis? What is the break-even point for this organization? List expenses assigned as variable and fixed. Show the calculations. (Total revenues – Total VC – Total FC= Profit)
7. How does a break-even analysis vary between fee-for-service and capitated payments? Explain it using the income statement you chose. What are the similarities and differences applicable to the Income statements in fee-for-service and capitated payment options?
The paper should not be more than 6 pages and should follow APA format, spelling and grammar. Include a cover page and reference page (not included in the page count). Make sure to properly cite and reference all the used sources. The calculations need to be shown as formulas using figures. Follow the mathematical rules while calculating numbers.
Acknowledgment: The Income Statement for the Dehew Health System was developed and contributed to HMGT 322 by Professor Rob Parker.
Total Contribution Margin= Net Sales-Total Variable CostNet Sales in our case= Net PT Revenue + Premium Revenue (recognized insurance revenue) Then Total Variable Cost is comprised of Supply expenses, postage/courier services, repair/maintenance, travel/seminars, equipment rentals (not lease), and ed. supplies TCM is straightforward. Break-even point: Total Revenue-Total Variable Cost -Total Fixed Cost (the rest of expenses+ deductions from revenue) Technically, the break-even point will be Total Revenue-(Total Operating Expenses + Deductions from Gross PT Revenue)Total Revenue =Gross PT Revenue+ Premium Revenue+ Other Revenue The statement has Units of Service listed on the bottom. However, it is not possible to calculate Total Revenue by a regular formula of Units*Unit Price as the price is PT specific.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more