SECTION 4.1 INVERSE FUNCTION
6. Decide whether each function as graphed or defined is one-to-one. (SEE PICTURE) P.394
12. Decide whether each function as graphed or defined is one-to-one
16. Decide whether each function as graphed or defined is one-to-one
42. Use the definition of inverses to determine whether f and g are inverses.
68*.(SAME FOR THIS QUESTIONS AS LISTED IN #60)
SECTION 4.2 EXPONENTIAL FUNCTIONS
20*. Graph the function:
28*. Graph the function :
64. Solve the equation:
80. Solve the equation:
88(a) Find the future value and interest earned if $56,780 is invested at 5.3% compounded
quarterly for 23 quarters.
92. Find the required annual interest rate to the nearest tenth of a percent for $65,000 to grow to
$65,325 if interest is compounded monthly for 6 months.
SECTION 4.3 LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS
4. If the statement is in exponential form, write it in an equivalent logarithmic form. If the
statement is in logarithmic form, write it in exponential form.
10. If the statement is in exponential form, write it in an equivalent logarithmic form. If the
statement is in logarithmic form, write it in exponential form
14. Solve the logarithmic equation.
28. Solve the logarithmic equation
66. Use the properties of logarithms to rewrite each expression. Simplify the result if possible.
Assume all variables represent positive real numbers.
90. Given the approximations , find each logarithm without using a calculator.
SECTION 4.4 EVALUATING LOGARITHMS AND THE CHANGE-OF-BASE
12. Find each value. If applicable, give an approximation to four decimal places.
14. Find each value. If applicable, give an approximation to four decimal places.
18. Find each value. If applicable, give an approximation to four decimal places.
66. On December 26, 2004, an earthquake struck in the Indian Ocean with a magnitude of 9.1 on
the Richter scale. The resulting tsunami killed an estimated 229,900 people in several countries.
Express this reading in ters of
80. Use the change-of-base theorem to find an approximation to four decimal places for the
SECTION 4.5 EXPONENTIAL AND LOGARITHMS EQUATIONS
8. Solve each exponential equation. Express irrational solutions as decimals correct to the nearest
thousandth. Express solutions in exact form.
24. Solve each exponential equation. Express irrational solutions as decimals correct to the
nearest thousandth. Express solutions in exact form. =7
38. Solve logarithmic equation. Express all solutions in exact form.
96. Find t to the nearest hundredth of a year if $1786 becomes $2063 at 2.6%, with interest
98. At what interest rate, to the nearest hundredth of a percent, will $16,000 grow to $20,000 if
invested for 5.25yr and interest is compounded quarterly?
SECTION 4.6 APPLICATIONS AND MODELS OF EXPONENTIAL GROWTH AND
18. A sample from a refuse deposit near the Strait of Magellan had 60% of the carbon-14 of a
contemporary sample. How old was the sample?
20. The amount of a chemical that will dissolve in a solution increases exponentially as the
(Celsius) temperature t is increased according to the model
At what temperature will 15g dissolve?
26. If Russ chooses the plan with continuous compounding, how long will it take for his $60,000
to grow to $80,000?
28. If interest is compounded continuously and the interest rate is tripled, what effect will this
have on the time required for an investment to double?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more