PART I: SHORT ESSAY
Directions: Please answer the following shot essay questions. Each question should have a 1 to 3 page response that addresses the questions. Remember to support your work with APA references and in-text citations. Please use proper APA format. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise APA guidelines.
1. Briefly discuss what is meant by moral “virtues” and “vices,” incorporating specific examples of each into your response.
2. Briefly describe Aristotle’s concept of the “Golden Mean,” providing at least one example of how it might be used to identify virtue in a particular scenario.
3. Illustrating your answer where appropriate, briefly discuss the approach to justice emphasized by an ethic of care and how it might differ from conventional approaches to justice.
4. Describe the difference between moral virtue and moral vice. As you think about criminal justice professionals (e.g., police officers, probation/parole officers, lawyers) list the five characteristics that you would argue are most typical of these kinds of professionals. Are these characteristics virtues or vices? Finally, list five characteristics that you feel would be ideal or desirable for such professionals to embody.
5. Explain two requirements of living the “Examined Life.” Give examples of each.
6. As the ethic of care requires us to consider situational factors before making decisions, what types of situational factors might be important in determining whether an arrest needs to be made in the following cases; solicitation of prostitution, possession of small quantities of illicit substances, a simple assault stemming from a drunken verbal confrontation at a bar, public intoxication, loitering.
PART II: CASE STUDY
Review the following videos that you viewed in the Lecture Notes.
• MacLeod, M. (n.d.) Aileen Wournos: Killer Who Preyed on Truck Drivers. Crime Library, Criminal Minds and Methods. Retrieved February 15, 2013, via http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/women/wuornos/1.html
• View YouTube video “Aileen Wuornos: Life and Death of a Serial Killer (Full Documentary)” (01:29:45 minutes). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trty0OObpK8
Complete the following tasks:
Watch the video and read the biography of Aileen Wournos (note there are 14 chapters to her story) on the website. Based on your research and the information contained in these videos, write a case study/research paper being sure to address the following questions and include additional information you feel is relevant and will add value to your submission. Remember to include correct APA format with a cover page, reference page, and in text citations. You should also utilize the LIRN Library through AAU for peer reviewed journal articles related to this topic. Your case study/research paper should be at least 3 pages in length.
1. Summarize the events that took place in Aileen’s life, both in her life of a serial killer and her life as a victim.
2. What ethical and moral implications does the life of Aileen Wournos have for the criminal justice system?
3. Using an example from juvenile justice (e.g., teenage prostitution) explore how a virtuous or vicious character can give rise to “good” intentions, “right” actions, and “good” consequences. How does this translate to Aileen Wournos?
4. How did Aileen’s prostitution contribute to her first killing and those that followed?
5. Do you believe Aileen was turned into a “monster” by those that victimized her or do you believe she was just a bad person all along? Thoughts?
6. Any additional thoughts on the topic of this crime ethically motivated by her tremendous anger for her victimizations she had suffered and the perceived need to provide for the only person who ever truly loved her?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more