INDIVIDUAL TOPIC SEARCH STRATEGY (ITSS) GUIDELINES
· The purpose of this initial paper is to briefly describe your search strategies when identifying an articles that pertain to an evidence-based practice topic of interest.
· Each student will sign-up for a group to formulate an evidence-based practice topic of interest
(My topic is Interventions to promote social interactions in children with autistic disorder spectrum)
· Each group will formulate research question using PICO format.
P: Children with autistic disorder
I: Play therapy
C: no therapy, no intervention
O: increase social behaviors
· Each group member will search, retrieve, and receive approval for 1 PRIMARY DATA ARTICLE to answer the group Research Question.
(I will attached the article for you to use my professor already approved it)
· Paper should include a Title and Reference pages.
· Page Length: 3-4 pages Excluding Title and Reference pages
· PAPER FORMAT
Research Question- Describe problem
· Accurately and clearly states your research question using PICO format
· P: Children with autistic disorder
· I: Play therapy
· C: no therapy, no intervention
· O: increase social behaviors
Overview of the Problem- Overview/Significance of problem in terms of outcomes or statistics
· What statistics document this is a problem? (facts and figures)
Significance of the Problem-
· What statistic document this is a problem?
· What health outcomes result from this problem. Why should people be concerned about this problem?
Purpose of Paper:
The purpose of this paper is to describe search strategies to find evidence in supporting our groups PICO question.
· List all terms used to search for your article (i.e. breast cancer, screening, mammography, intervention, assessment, influencing factors….etc.)
(I used autism, social behavior, and therapy)
· List Chamberlain library database used (i.e. EBSCO, Medline, OVID, PubMed….etc.)
· Google search engine is NOT the library database
(I used EBSCO)
Availability of Articles
· How many research articles were available to answer your research question?
· Provide numbers of articles, NOT just saying “plenty, sufficient, many…etc.
· What decision(s) have changed from your original search strategies? (i.e. peer-review, within last 5 years, primary data article, full-text….etc.)
· As you did your search, what decisions did you make in refinement to get your required articles down to a reasonable number for review?
· What was your rationale for your decision to change from original search strategies?
· Describe decisions you made to specifically select 1 PRIMARY DATA ARTICLE as relevant for answering your Research Question
Level of Evidence
Addresses Topic/Relevance to PICO
· Describe how article addresses the topic, purpose and key points
Evidence Level Pyramid
· Identify and describe the level of evidence based on Evidence Level/Hierarchy Pyramid
· Refers to Handout (Quick Guide to Designs in an Evidence Hierarchy)
· Identify study type of article: Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed-Method Study
§ Use of headings for each section
§ Use of APA format (7th edition)
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more