Although natural gas is currently inexpensive and nuclear power currently (and perhaps deservedly) does not have a good reputation, it is possible that more nuclear power plants will be constructed in the future. Table 4 presents data concerning the construction costs of light water reactor (LWR) nuclear power plants. The dependent variable, C, construction cost, is expressed in millions of dollars, adjusted to a 1976 base. Preliminary analysis of the data and economic theory indicate that variation in cost increases as cost increases. This suggests transforming cost by taking its natural logarithm.
S Power plant capacity in MWe
N Cumulative number of power plants built by the contractor
1. Build a multiple regression model to predict ln(C) by taking S and N or their natural logarithms as the independent variables. Make sure to check for multicollinearity.
2. Use residual analysis and R2 to check your model.
3. State which variables are important in predicting the cost of constructing an LWR plant, and
4. State a prediction equation that can be used to predict ln(C).
Data Concerning Construction of Light Water Reactors
(Please find table 4 in the attachment)
1. Need to have at least 1 peer-reviewed article as the reference and textbook as the reference
2. Need in-text citation
3. Please find the attachments as the power points of the course for reference.
4. Textbook Information:
Bowerman, B., Drougas, A. M., Duckworth, A. G., Hummel, R. M. Moniger, K. B., & Schur, P. J. (2019). Business statistics and analytics in practice (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill
5. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment
6. Please provide your work in detail and include in-text citations.
7. Please find Table 4 in the attachment
8. Please find the attached 2 excel files as the sample of the activity
9. Need to use data analysis method of “Regression” in the excel
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more