Your client, Steven, age 43, has come to you for assistance with retirement planning. He provides you with the following facts.
· He earns $80,000 annually.
· His wage replacement ratio has been determined to be 80%.
· He expects inflation will average 3% for his entire life expectancy.
· He expects to work until 68, and live until 90.
· He currently has $60,000 saved, and he is averaging a 9% rate of return and expects to continue to earn the same return over time.
· He has been saving $3,000 annually in his 401(k) plan.
· Additionally, Social Security Administration has notified him that his annual retirement benefit, in today’s dollars will be $26,000.
1. Using calculations, explain to Steven why it is realistic to use a wage replacement ratio of 80%.
2. Using the annuity method, calculate how much capital Steven will need to be able to retire at age 68.
3. Given his current resources, does he have sufficient resources to achieve his retirement goal? Using calculations, show and explain your answer to Steven.
4. Provide Steven with 3 alternatives for meeting his retirement goal. In doing so, use calculations to show the impact of each alternative.
Before hiring you as his financial planner, Steven was going to another planner. He mentions that the other planner calculated this retirement needs another way, so he asks you to calculate his retirement needs using other methods.
5. Using the capital preservation method, calculate how much capital Steven needs in order to retire at 68.
6. Using the purchasing power preservation method, calculate how much capital Steven needs in order to retire at 68.
7. In your own words, provide Steven with the advantages and disadvantages of each method and explain why the amounts calculated are different with the three methods.
8. In your own words, provide Steven with the advantages and disadvantages of 2 investment instruments that are used specifically to save for retirement. Which would you recommend and why?
Your completed Case Study must contain a minimum of 700 words and 2 citations in current APA format. Acceptable sources are personal finance journals, magazines, or newspapers
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more