Academic Clinical Discharge Summary Note
Academic clinical discharge summary notes provide a unique opportunity to practice and demonstrate advanced practice documentation skills, to develop and demonstrate critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills, and to practice identifying acute and chronic problems and formulating a evidence-based plans of care.
Develop an academic clinical discharge summary note based on a hospital patient seen during clinical. The discharge summary note should include the following: ( Acute Care Hospital)
1. Reason for admission: Include the reason for admission, a list of diagnoses in order of acuity, and an ICD-10 diagnosis.
2. List of all procedures: Include all dates, significant findings, and any anesthetics and contrast used during procedures.
3. Complete list of consults during hospitalization: Include any providers or services consulted during stay.
4. Patient’s condition at discharge: Include a physical exam prior to discharge that documents that patient is stable at discharge and has safe disposition and transportation. What diagnostic criteria confirmed the discharge diagnosis?
5. Complete list of discharge medications: Full list with all dosages, frequencies, and quantity of medications prescribed or dispensed.
6. Pending test results for follow up: Complete list of any pathology, cultures, radiology, or other diagnostic tests still pending, and who is responsible for follow-up on final results.
7. Complete list of discharge instructions: Full list of directions regarding infection prevention, new medications, and returning to daily activities.
8. Complete list of discharge follow-ups: Full list of any therapies, treatments, referrals, consults, and follow-up appointments. What diagnostic criteria were needed after discharge?
9. Summary: What questions were raised during the hospital stay? Include all explanations and answers to these questions. What questions were raised that required further exploration? What kind of discharge planning did you need? Characterize your patient interaction activities.
10. Overall assessment: Identify health promotions, health education, ethical considerations, geriatric considerations, and expected outcomes.
Incorporate 3-5 peer-reviewed articles in the assessment or plan. (Minimum 1000 words).
Don’t Forget to include all coding including ICD-10, CPT and all others.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more