Describe the difference between using Statistics and using Summarize functions on a field.
DISCUSSION ANSWER should be at least 100 words with References.
I. SHORT ANSWERS Limit your answer to no more than 10-20 words
1. Explain the difference between attribute data and spatial data and give an example of each. Do we need to input both data to GIS? Explain your answer
2. Even with the increasing availability of digital sources, why might one still consider tracing from paper sources for a GIS project?
3. What is the difference between “spatial entities” and “continuous fields”? When we use an entity- based approach and a field-based approach. Give examples.
4. Name four DISADVANTAGES of raster data structure (name more for extra points)
5. Describe how would you create a new ArcGIS layer of the rivers (rivers.lyr), that go through three states: Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania?
6. Describe the steps in reclassifying the generic map of Virginia to the map of population. What steps do you need to do? What layers/data do you need for this?
II. MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS
Check or circle the correct answer.
1. In the World of GIS, another term for the spatial feature (object) is:
2. Which of the following is the example of non-spatial data?
The number of rooms in an office building
The path of a highway between two cities
The vegetation patterns
The location of supermarkets in Fairfax, VA
3. Which of the following are NOT the advantages of vector data structure?
Compact data structure
Accurate graphic representation Overlay analysis is easy
Network analysis is easy
III. TRUE AND FALSE QUESTIONS Mark with T=True or F=False the following statements
1. Today success or failure with GIS depends more on technology, but not on the conceptual models of
2. GIS analyst spends much more time on creation than on verification a model
3. In a GIS attribute information and spatial information are linked to each other
4. Spatial environmental surface analysis and modeling is easy with CAD systems
5. When you select the spatial feature on a map in ArcGIS, the attribute information about the same feature has to be found and selected separately
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more