BIO 117 / 1214
Week 6 Assignment / Psychotropic, Musculoskeletal, Anti-Inflammatory, and Drug Abuse
Psychotropic, Musculoskeletal, Anti-Inflammatory, and Drug Abuse
Complete the following and submit your answers.
· Chapter 19, page 372 questions 1 through 10.
· Chapter 20, page 406-407 Case Studies A & B–Psychotropic Drugs
Chapter 19, page 372 questions 1 through 10.
1. amitriptyline –
2. Vicodin –
3. Imitrex –
4. Methadone –
5. Percodan –
6. Duragesic –
7. fentanyl –
8. codeine –
9. Narcan –
10. Tegretol –
Chapter 20, page 406-407 Case Studies A & B–Psychotropic Drugs
Case Study A – Psychotropic Drugs
1. What is the drug of choice to treat patients with bipolar disorder?
2. Patients on lithium should be monitored for correct dosing by which method?
3. While reviewing Kevin’s chart, the nurse notes that he has been visiting the health center during the prior school years with complaints of photophobia. This indicates which complication?
4. All patients should be cautioned when taking lithium with which category of medications?
Case Study B – Psychotropic Drugs
1. Jose has asked his personal physician for a medication to help him cope as he assimilates back into his daily life. What type of drug would the physician be most likely to prescribe to Jose for short-term use?
2. The physician warns Jose that when taking a minor anxiolytic, he may develop drug dependence. What does this likely mean for Jose?
3. The physician also explains that sudden withdrawal after prolonged use of an anxiolytic may result in which symptom?
4. Side effects of benzodiazepines may include:
5. Physicians should use extreme caution when prescribing a benzodiazepine to a patient with a history of:
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more