P 9-5 Stanislaw Corporation.
The only accounting record saved was the general ledger, from which the trial balance below was prepared.
Trial Balance March 31, 2011
Accts Recv 40000
Inventory 12/31/07 75000
Building and Equip 110000
Accumulated depreciation 41300
Other assets 3600
Accts Payable 23700
Other expense accruals 10200
Capital stock 100000
Retained earnings 52000
Other expenses 26600
Total 362200 362200
The following data and information have been gathered.
1. The fiscal year of the corporation ends on Dec 31.
2. An examination of the April bank statement and canceled checks revealed that checks written during the period April 1-15 totaled $13,000: $5,700 paid to accounts payable as of March 31, $3400 for April merchandise shipments, and $3900 paid for other expenses. Deposits during the same period amounted to $12,950, which consisted of receipts on account from customers with the exception of a $950 refund from a vendor for merchandise returned in April.
3. Correspondence with suppliers revealed unrecorded obligations at April 15 of $15,600 for April merchandise shipments, including $2300 for shipments in transit (f.o.b. shipping point) on that date. 4. Customers acknowledged indebtedness of $46,000 at April 15, 2011. It was also estimated that customers owed another $8000 that will never be acknowledged or recovered. Of the acknowledged indebtedness, $600 will probably be uncollectible.
5. The companies insuring the inventory agreed that the corporation’s fire-loss claim should be based on the assumption that the overall gross profit ratio for the past 2 years was in effect during the current year.
The corporation’s audited financial statements disclosed this information: Year Ended Dec 31, 2010 Net sales 530000
Net purchases 280000
Beginning inventory 50000
Ending inventory 75000
Year Ended Dec 31, 2009
Net sales 390000
Net purchases 235000
Beginning inventory 66000
Ending inventory 50000
6. Inventory with a cost of $7000 was salvaged and sold for $3500. The balance of the inventory was a total loss.
Prepare a schedule computing the amount of inventory fire loss. The supporting schedule of the computation of the gross profit should be in good form.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more