Take Test: module 2 quiz
Course Principles of Marketing
Test module 2 quiz
1. Mattel Toy’s Web site offers only specialty products, such as American Girl dolls, because:
1. protecting distribution channels is part of the corporate strategy.
2. the company wants to focus on its non-gaming divisions.
3. customers are not able to purchase speciality items from store locations.
4. the company can make more profit from speciality items.
1. Alliances are considered essential in a country where:
1. the partners combine resources and capital to create competitive advantages in a new market.
2. partnerships with local firms provide regional expertise for a company expanding its operations abroad.
3. laws require foreign firms doing business there to work with local companies.
4. efforts are required to achieve organizational objectives by predicting and influencing the competitive and political-legal environments.
1. A(n) _____ is a structure that refers to a limited number of sellers in an industry in which high start-up costs form barriers to keep out new competitors deters newcomers from breaking into markets while ensuring that corporations remain innovative.
1. Behavioral targeting collects information over a period of time to develop a significantly detailed user profile.
1. The strategic process of creating, distributing, promoting, and pricing goods and services to a target market through both computer and non-computer technologies is called:
1. online marketing.
2. electronic marketing.
3. offline business.
4. electronic commerce.
1. The strength of consumer spending is directly correlated to the rate of unemployment.
1. The strategic implication of the Internet is that the dynamics of marketing are shifting from market led to consumer focused.
1. Keith is a marketer for Olympus cameras. He has organized an arrangement with a search engine by which Olympus pays the search engine a fee for listing the company in the top three results when a computer user enters “digital camera” into the search engine. This is an example of:
1. B2C e-commerce.
2. B2B e-commerce.
3. active marketing.
4. search marketing.
1. Marketers must take into account external environments when creating a marketing strategy. These include all of the following except the _____ environment.
1. Which is the most common form of Internet advertising?
1. Banner ad
2. Search marketing
3. Pop-up ad
4. Web ad
1. The first step in creating an effective Web site is to:
1. determine whether the site is to be informational or provide entertainment.
2. create an eye-catching home page.
3. clarify the site’s immediate purpose.
4. establish a clear objective for the site.
1. In online B2B, companies buy and sell through electronic exchanges, which are Web-based marketplaces that cater to a specific industry’s needs.
1. A customer of All World Bank receives telemarketing calls and e-mails from the bank’s business partners, Specialty Insurance and Global Investments. Since the customer has signed into the Do Not Call Registry, these companies are in violation of the federal regulation.
1. Comparing B2B e-business with B2C e-business,:
1. the annual transaction volume of both are equal.
2. there is no way to accurately measure the volume of either.
3. there are nine times more B2B transactions annually.
4. B2C transactions exceed B2B transactions when considering the global market.
1. Phishing is defined as:
1. pop-ups that direct users to other Web sites.
2. an acronym for Providing Heightened Internet Security by Heeding Internet Navigation Guidelines.
3. looking through options found in an Internet search inquiry.
4. trolling for personal data by posing as a legitimate Web site familiar to the user.
1. Which strategy requires developing and distributing goods and services more quickly than competitors?
4. Time-based competition
1. B2B e-business has been shown to:
1. hinder success by trying to reach the next target market too quickly.
2. create price increases in the distribution component of the marketing mix.
3. complicate the direct exchange of information between vendor and customer.
4. make it possible for marketers to find new markets and customers.
1. Shopping is made easier through the use of bots, which search hundreds of Web sites for information on products that meet certain criteria set by the customer.
1. Legal contracts regarding real estate, insurance, and other financial transactions are now possible online due to the development of:
1. the electronic signature.
2. online banking.
3. the electronic wallet.
4. thumbprint scanning.
1. The competition between Amtrak, Hertz, and Delta Airlines for the travelers’ dollar is considered indirect competition because these services can be substituted for one another.
1. According to recent estimates, almost _____ percent of people who were online have shopped from online stores.
1. Myspace.com would be in violation of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act if it distributed, without verifiable parental consent, identifiable information on children under 16 years of age.
1. Six firms – GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan – share 90 percent of U.S. auto sales. This is one of the reasons why the auto industry is considered a monopoly.
1. Which step in the Pyramid of Social Responsibility focuses on contributing resources to the
community and improving quality of life?
1. Online forums are a source of information exchange and can take the form of a bulletin board, directory, or library of information.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more