Please write a 5+ paragraph response to one of the following prompts. Be sure to organize your essay clearly (including an introduction, body paragraphs and a conclusion) and use multiple specific details (including quotations) from the text in order to support your argument. A high quality response will have a clear and arguable thesis, use important quotes from the play with necessary context, and follow MLA format for citation.
Prompt Questions (pick one)
1. Othello is often identified as a revenge tragedy. Discuss revenge as a theme in this play.
2. Reputation is a key concept in this play. Analyze how the reputation of a select character or characters is essential to the plot and/or subplots of the play.
3. Aristotle defines tragedy as the tale of a person of noble birth who, by the action of his own tragic flaw, brings about his own downfall. Defend or refute that Othello is a tragedy in the classical tradition.
4. Analyze Othello’s final speech (5.2.397-417) for examples of paradox. Explain how the paradoxes contribute to the conclusion of the play.
5. Discuss Iago, his motivations, machinations, and ethics/ morality. Is he purely evil as so many critics have argued, or is there something more to his case than good versus evil?
6. There are many foils in this play. Nearly every character has one. Take a pair, such as Iago/ Othello, Emilia/ Desdemona, etc., and analyze the form and function of a foil in the play.
7. Looking at Desdemona, Emilia, and Bianca as a group, discuss how these three women represent a “spectrum of women’s roles/identities” for Shakespeare’s contemporary audience.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more