In Weeks 3, 4, and 5, you were introduced to the concepts of schemas, super-ordinate goals, role vs. dispositions, and the differences between traditional and modern prejudice and discrimination as well as the concept of micro-aggressions.
As an exercise in application, this paper will involve a content analysis of the film Remember the Titans. The film can be rented in DVD or streamed in its entirety on YouTube or another streaming site of your choice.
We typically watch movies for entertainment, but for this assignment, you must watch this movie and think critically about how the concepts listed above are reflected in the situations the characters are involved in. This paper is designed to test your understanding of these concepts and to determine if you are able to recognize and explain these dynamics when you see them played out in this film. Keep in mind that this film is based on a true story that took place in Virginia.
Your paper must be typed, double-spaced, using a size 12 font and be free of spelling errors. You must write in full and complete sentences (i.e., do not use bullet points, lists, or outlines).
Your paper must be written in your own words. Do not copy and paste text from other sources, as this is a violation of academic honesty.
There are five questions you must answer. Address each of the five essay questions in the order presented, making certain to number each response in relation to the question you are addressing. Please make certain to begin each question on a new line of text and do not copy and paste the question into the body of your paper.
Concepts to Apply
· Week 3: Automatic vs. critical thinking and schemas
· Week 4: Super-ordinate goals, modern vs. traditional prejudice and discrimination, and micro-aggressions
· Week 5: Role vs. disposition theory
Please number each question and begin each on a new line of text.
1. In your own words, briefly define what is meant by the term super-ordinate goals. Next, identify and provide at least one example of a super-ordinate goal that was demonstrated in the movie. Provide a specific situations/scenes from the film to support your response.
2. Describe the racial schemas the Titan team members had toward one another when they first came together. Next, explain how their schemas changed over the course of the movie and how the characters changed from automatic to critical thinking. Provide at least one, specific example from the movie to support your response.
3. Explain the difference between traditional and modern forms of prejudice and discrimination and provide at least one example of each from the film to support your response. Please be specific in explaining the situations and characters involved.
4. In the film, both coaches had daughters – Sheryl (white) and Nicky (black). Through the course of the movie, the little girls did not get along with one another. Please explain if their dislike for one another was based on their roles or dispositions and why you believe this to be the case. Provide at least one specific example from the movie involving their interaction to support your response.
5. Define the term “micro-aggressions” and provide at least one example from the film that reflected this dynamic. Be certain to describe the specific scene, the characters involved, and what was said, explaining why you believe this to be a good example of a micro-aggression.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more