This project is an in depth investigation of a health condition. It willallow for the expansion of knowledge and the
ability to generalize larger concepts to a variety ofhealth conditions.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Explain the pathophysiologic processes of select health conditions. (PO 1)
2. Predict clinical manifestations and complications of select disease processes. (PO 1, 8)
3. Correlate lifestyle, environmental, and other influences with changes in levels of wellness. (PO 1, 7)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies
to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) Select a disease process that interests you.
2) Obtain approval of the selected disease process from the course faculty.
a. Faculty will share how to submit your topic choice for approval.
3) Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding title and reference pages).
4) Include the following sections about the selected disease process (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading
a. Introduction of disease – 20 points/20%
• One paragraph (approximately 200 words)
• Includes disease description
• Includes epidemiology of disease
b. Etiology and risk factors – 20 points/20%
• Common causes of the disease or condition
• Risk factors for the disease or condition
• Impact of age
• Prevalence based on gender,
• Influence of environment
• Genetic basis of disease
• Lifestyle influences
• All information supported by current literature
c. Pathophysiological processes – 20 points/20%
• Describes changes occurring at the cellular, tissue, and/or organ level that contribute to the disease
• Describes adaptation of the cells and body in response to the disease.
• Relates disease processes to manifested signs and symptoms.
d. Clinical manifestations and complications – 20 points/20%
• Describes the physical signs and symptoms that are important in considering the presence of the disease.
• Identifies signs that contribute to diagnosis of the condition
• Identifies symptoms that contribute to diagnosis of the condition.
• Identifies complications of the disease.
• Discusses the implications to the patient when complications are left untreated.
e. Diagnostics – 10 points/10%
• Includes list of common laboratory and diagnostic tests used to determine the presence of the disease.
RUA: Pathophysiological Processes Guidelines
NR283 Pathophysiological Processes Guidelines V4 Revised: 8/18/2020
• Discusses the significance of test findings in relation to the disease process.
f. APA Style and Organization – 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with assignment.
• Uses appropriate APA format (6th ed.) and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• Paper is 2-3 pages, excluding title and reference pages
• At least two (2) scholarly, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more