High profile cases capture the attention of the American public. Follow the link to the NBC news story on the trial of James Holmes, the Aurora, Colorado theater shooter. Read the article, which includes news video and answer the following questions.
1. Are stories like this an accurate representation of crimes committed in the United States or are they rare?
2. High profile trials take months and cost millions of dollars, while similar crimes that do not capture the public’s attention, take a fraction of the time, and cost much less to prosecute. Does media access and coverage of investigations and court proceedings have a positive or negative effect on justice?
3. Should criminal trials be broadcast or should there be restrictions on cameras in the courtroom?
4. Does the news media provide an accurate representation of statistical data surrounding crime?
5. Are you more likely to be murdered by a stranger or someone you know?
Include at least one link to an internet site you researched to form your discussion of each of these questions.
1. Can a single standard of ethics be applied to all criminal justice agencies? Or is the CJ system too complex to legislate morality and ethics?
2. Describe the differences between the formal and informal justice systems. Is it fair to treat some offenders informally?
3. What are the layers of the criminal justice “wedding cake”? Give an example of a crime for each layer.
4. What are the basic elements of each model or perspective on justice? Which best represents your own point of view?
1. What factors account for crime rate trends?
2. What factors are present in poverty-stricken urban areas that produce high crime rates?
3. It seems logical that biological and psychological factors might explain why some people commit crime. But if crime is based on individual traits, how would we explain the fact that crime rates are higher in the West and South than in the Midwest and East?
4. Considering the patterns victimization takes, what steps should you take to avoid becoming a crime victim?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more