1. (TCO 1) The type of budget that is prepared for the expected capacity level only is called a _______. (Points : 14) A. static budget. B. flexible budget. C.continuous budget. D.master budget.
2. (TCO 2) “Groupthink” is a primary disadvantage of which qualitative forecasting method? (Points : 14) A. Executive opinions B. Sales force polling C. Delphi method D. Consumer surveys
3. (TCO 3) Which of the following is not used to evaluate the accuracy of regression results? (Points : 14) A.Mean absolute deviation B. Coefficient of determination C.Prediction confidence interval D.T-statistic
4. (TCO 4) Which of the following statements regarding the risk associated with R&D activities is incorrect? (Points : 14) A.The amount of time between the R&D activity and the cash flows from the project does not affect risk. B. Greater risk is associated with creating new products than improving existing products. C.Risk increases as the time between the R&D activity and the cash flows from the project increases. D.Assessing risk is a vital part of research and development.
5. (TCO 5) Which of the following is not true of the decision packages used in zero-base budgeting? (Points : 14) A.Decision packages should include alternative methods of performing the activity. B. Decision packages may cross functional and organizational lines. C. Decision packages can be either mutually exclusive or incremental. D. Decision packages may cover either short-term or long-term periods.
6. (TCO 6) A disadvantage of the payback period technique is that it ________. (Points : 14) A. ignores obsolescence factors. B. ignores the cost of an investment. C. is complicated to use. D. ignores the time value of money.
7. (TCO 6) All of the following statements about the accounting rate of return method are correct except that it ________ (Points : 14) A.considers the profitability of a capital expenditure. B. ignores the salvage value of an investment. C. does not consider the time value of money. D. uses income data rather than cash flow data.
8. (TCO 6) A project that cost $80,000 with a useful life of five years is being considered. Straight-line depreciation is being used and salvage value is $5,000. The project will generate annual cash inflows of $21,375. The accounting rate of return is ______. (Points : 14) A. 26.7% B. 45.5% C. 7.8% D. 18.74%
9. (TCO 6) If an asset costs $210,000 and is expected to have a $30,000 salvage value at the end of its ten-year life, and generates annual net cash inflows of $30,000 each year, the payback period is _____. (Points : 14) A. 5 years B. 6 years C. 7 years D. 8 years
10. (TCO 6) Munson Inc. is comparing several alternative capital budgeting projects as shown below: Projects A B C Initial Investment $150,000 $55,000 $95,000 Present value of cash inflows $200,000 $65,000 $100,000 Using the profitability index, rank the projects, starting with the most attractive. (Points : 14) A) A, C, B. B) A, B, C. C) C, A, B. D) C, B, A.
11. (TCO 6) A company has a minimum required rate of return of 10%. It is considering investing in a project that costs $210,000 and is expected to generate cash inflows of $85,000 at the end of each year for four years. The approximate net present value of this project is _______. (Points : 14) A. $59,442 B. $1,387 C. $65,375 D. $5,161
12. (TCO 7) Which of the following is not an operating budget? (Points : 14) A.Selling and administrative expense budget B. Direct materials budget C. Pro forma balance sheet D. Pro forma income statement
13. (TCO 7) Sargent.Com plans to sell 2,000 purple lawn chairs during May, 1,900 in June, and 2,000 during July. The company keeps 15% of the next month’s sales as ending inventory. How many units should Sargent.Com produce during June? (Points : 14) A. 1,915 B. 2,200 C. 1,885 D. Not enough information to determine.
14. (TCO 8) Standards that are based on efficient activity with allowances for unavoidable losses are called _______ (Points : 14) A. basic standards. B. maximum efficiency standards. C. currently attainable standards. D. expected standards.
15. (TCO 9) A static budget is appropriate in evaluating a manager’s performance if _______________. (Points : 14) A. actual activity closely approximates the master budget activity B. actual activity is less than the master budget activity C. the company prepares reports on an annual basis D. the company is a not-for-profit organization
16. (TCO 9) If costs are not responsive to changes in activity level, how are they best described? (Points : 14) A. Mixed B. Flexible C. Variable D, Fixed
17. (TCO 9) Using the high-low method, what is the fixed cost for the following information? Month Miles Total Cost January 80,000 $96,000 February 50,000 $80,000 March 70,000 $94,000 April 90,000 $130,000 (Points : 14) A. $17,500 B. $36,000 C. $14,000 D.$50,000
18. (TCO 10) What do you call a budget report that is prepared to report on unusual events that require immediate attention? (Points : 14) A. Advance report B. Special report C. Unique report D. Progress report
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more