Ashford University, BUS372: Employee & Labor Relations, Week 3 quiz, Please help: Here are the questions and choices: When past practice and clear-cut contractual language conflict: (Points : 1) past practice supersedes language. language supersedes past practice. the merits of the case become paramount. a compromise is desirable.
2. In addition to being orderly and efficient, the grievance procedure can be regarded as a means for: (Points : 1) producing labor/management conflict. defeating one side or the other. obtaining a better climate for labor relations. establishing a collective bargaining agreement.
3. When hearing a group of grievances together, the arbitrator: (Points : 1) should strive for fairness to both parties by splitting his or her decisions equally. should consider the group as a whole and reach a single decision. should decide each case on its own merits. None of the above.
4. Employers may not hold a meeting with employees on company time: (Points : 1) within 24 hours of a representation election. in a right-to-work law state. if they have committed an unfair labor practice. if a national emergency strike is involved.
5. Which of the following is not considered a union unfair labor practice? (Points : 1) Telling an anti-union employee that he will lose his job if the union gains recognition Union picketline violence Under a valid union-shop agreement, demanding the discharge of an employee who fails to pay his union dues Issuing patently false statements during a representation election campaign
6. The Trilogy cases, as a unit, served mainly to establish the: (Points : 1) power of the courts in labor relations. nonarbitrability of certain labor issues. role of private arbitration in unfair labor practice issues. full integrity of the arbitration process.
7. Which of the following was not a motivation for passage of the Norris-LaGuardia Act of 1932? (Points : 1) Wildcat strikes Widespread unemployment Recognition of the need for collective bargaining Virtual unlimited use of the injunction by management
8. The day-to-day job in labor relations is to: (Points : 1) apply the principles of the contract. look for violations of the contract. find ways around the contract. look for weaknesses in the contract that may be corrected during the next round of contract negotiations.
9. Grievance mediation differs from arbitration in that: (Points : 1) grievance mediation does not use the services of an arbitrator. the results are not “final and binding.” witnesses are not allowed to testify. the labor agreement may be ignored if both parties agree.
10. The first major union to be touched by the threat of “multi-nationals” was the: (Points : 1) UAW. Steelworkers. Newspaper Guild. Machinists.
11. At present, mandatory subjects of bargaining include: (Points : 1) subcontracting. moving allowances. investment counseling. foreign operations.
12. In discharge cases, the interests of the parties and the grievant may be best served by a decision rendered in about _15 days_____________. (Points : 1) 30 days 60 days 15 days 6 weeks
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more