Answer the following questions for credit towards this assignment:
1. What does the Billboard’s best selling list suggest about the popularity of Big Bands in American popular culture during the early 1940’s?
2. Regarding Benny Goodman’s band playing “Sing, Sing, Sing,” what do you think might have been some of the challenges of managing a band of this size?
3. Regarding the clip, “Washington in Wartime,” why are the people riding bicycles described as “setting a patriotic example to citizens everywhere”?
4. How might the idea of personal sacrifice help to bring citizens together during wartime?
5. Return to the photo of the Benny Goodman Orchestra from 1937. How might rations on rubber tires, gasoline, and other travel restrictions due to the war have affected the touring schedule of a band of this size?
6. With so many Americans in the service, in what ways do you think civilian life changed at home? Consider family life, jobs for women and minorities, entertainment, spending, etc.
7. How would the culture of rationing have affected the audience’s participation in live music performances, and how would that have affected the bands?
8. How might the military build-up have affected the ability of civilian bandleaders to hire and retain musicians? How do you think this might have affected the size of Big Bands during the war?
9. What kind of statement does it make when the best selling artist of his era (Glenn Miller) decides to change the course of his career to join the military?
10. How might Glenn Miller’s music have served a different purpose for an audience of soldiers stationed thousands of miles from their homes than it served for civilian audiences?
11. What are some ways that the musicians strike both intentionally and unintentionally affected popular music culture in the U.S.?
12. Why did vocalists experience a rise in popularity during the strike?
13. What factors led towards the rise in popularity of African-American and traditional Folk-rooted genres? Why do you think small combos that played these genres had a new advantage over the Big Bands?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more