ACCT495 Capstone Project Fall 2016 Part 1 Adjusting entries & Statements
Year-end Adjustment Data for Roxy and Harley Corp is as follows:
1. $300,000 in sales on account had not been recorded but were shipped FOB Shipping Point on December 31. The cost of this inventory was $140,000. Roxy and Harley uses a perpetual inventory system.
2. Employees are allowed to carry over up to 10 days of earned vacation days per year up to 40 days. Employees earn an average of $190 per day. A total of 1,000 earned vacation days will be carried over to 2017. It is probable that the employees will take the vacation days.
3. Income tax expense is 30% of income before income tax.
4. The Research and Development account includes current year costs of $380,000 and R& D Equipment with a cost of $200,000 and an estimated useful life of 10 years.
5. You discover that a product sale was made and recorded in December for $100,000; the product had not yet been shipped. The cost of the product was $58,000.
6. The Prepaid Expense account balance includes the $300,000 cost of a two year insurance policy purchased on April 1, 2016.
7. Depreciation & Amortization expense for the year is $275,000
8. Interest expense accrued on its long-term liabilities is $82,620.
9. A dividend of $147,000 was declared on December 16, to be paid on January 15, 2017
10. It is estimated that 6% of accounts receivable will be uncollectable.
A. Correct the trial balance by putting the accounts in the typical account number order
B. Record the adjusting journal entries
C. Compute the adjusted trial balance amounts
D. Prepare in good form:
a. Income Statement
b. Balance Sheet
c. Retained Earnings Statement
E. Compute the following ratios: Current Ratio, Profit Margin on Sales, Debt to Assets, Earnings per Share, and Book Value per share
F. Record Closing Entries
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more