1. The Industrial Engineering Department completed a work measurement study of the time required per unit production on adjacent production lines producing the same products over a 30-day period. Minutes per unit for Line 1 and Line 2 are in the following table.
a) Examine descriptive statistics of the mean, median, standard deviation, first quartile, third quartile, minimum value, and maximum value. What do these statistics indicate about the shape of each population distributions?
b) Create stem-and-leaf plots with stems = 10s and leaves = 1s. What does the shape and distributions of the stem-and-leaf plots indicate about the shape and distribution of each population?
c) Create histograms. What does the shape of each histogram tell of about the shape of the population distributions?
d) Construct a normal probability plot, a lognormal probability plot, gamma probability plot, and a Weibull probability plot of each data set. Estimate the best fit parameters for each distribution. Based on the plots and associated Anderson-Darling (AD) fit statistics, identify which distributions seems to be the best fit model at α = 0.05.
e) Assess data independence by creating a time series plot by day of each distribution. Are the data randomly distributed, or do there appear to be patterns in the time ordered data?
2. Test the time per unit data in Problem 1 for equality of production rates between the two lines.
(a) State the correct hypothesis, or hypotheses, and conduct the hypothesis, or hypotheses, test(s) at = 0.05.
(b) Interpret the p-value for the test.
7. The data represents the copper concentration in a plating process. Copper concentration in a plating pool is controlled by an automated colorimeter that takes readings and adjusts the concentration as required. To verify the correct functioning of a new colorimeter system, copper concentration is measured manually six times per shift.
(a) Plot an x-bar and R control chart for this process. Perform runs tests to Western Electric. Is the process in control? Revise the control limits as necessary.
(b) Estimate the mean and standard deviation of the revised process.
(c) Is the layer thickness of the revised process normally distributed?
(d) If the specifications are 9.0 2.0 ppm, estimate the process capability.
9. For the data in problem 7, the target copper concentration ppm is 9.0.
(a) Estimate the process standard deviation from the control charts in problem 7.
(b) Create a tabular CUSUM chart for this process, using standardized values h = 5 and k = ½. (c) Interpret the CUSUM chart.
10. Create an EWMA control chart for the problem 7 copper concentration ppm data using λ = 0.1 and L = 2.7. Interpret the EWMA control chart in comparison to the CUSUM chart.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more