Students will write an essay comparing the plays Othello and Hedda Gabler. The focus of the essay should utilize one of the five topics below:
1. Contrast the different degrees of deception and control committed by Iago and Hedda
2. Analyze the different levels of gullibility and manipulation of Roderigo and George Tesman
3. Contrast the varying weaknesses and character flaws of Cassio and Lovborg
4. Analyze the meekness and naïveté of Desdemona and Mrs. Elvsted
5. Contrast the two suicides of Othello and Hedda (motivations, meanings, contexts of the actions, etc)
1. Essay must be typed, effectively titled, double-spaced, and at least 1250 words; essays may exceed 1250 words (to a max of 1500), but fewer than 1250 words will result in a penalty (2 points will be deducted for every 100 words essay falls sort of 1250 or exceeds 1500 words)
2. Essay must establish a clear argumentative thesis using one of the topics above; essays focusing on something other than an eligible topic above will incur a 20% penalty
3. Essay must include sufficient textual references to relevant passages from both plays equally; insufficient references to the plays will result in 5-10% penalty, while a 15% penalty will occur if no references are present
4. Essay must be submitted as an attached Word Document (DOCX) or a PDF file; it may not be typed or pasted into the Submission box (doing so will result in a 10% penalty and required re-submission)
5. Essay must begin with the following header in the upper left corner; any missing elements will result in a 5% penalty:
Date of submission
Your Unique Essay Title (followed by the topic number in parenthesis)
Keep in mind…
Argumentative essays are only effective if the argument being made actually needs to be made. In other words, it is unacceptable to argue something that no reasonable person would disagree with (like proposing that April follows March). While it may be a fair statement, one could not claim the thesis that “Cassio and Lovborg both have difficulties handling their alcohol.” That statement would be inarguable because no intelligent reader would be able to deny that it was true. Likewise, to claim that “Hedda and Iago both manipulated and deceived the other characters” would also be obvious and would not qualify as a thesis. This too would be considered a reasonable conclusion that any reader would draw about the characters.
Additional to the student’s analysis and opinions about the plays, all papers must cite at least two critical secondary sources (found via EBSCOHOST, JSTOR, or another reputable critical database.) Be aware that plot summaries are not secondary sources and will not be acceptable. Students are not permitted to use Wikipedia, Spark Notes, eNotes, or other non-scholarly materials. Correct MLA style of documentation is required, including correct in-text citations and a separate works cited page(equating to 25% of the assignment value).
NOTE: Unlike all other assignments eligible for partial credit if submitted within seven days of the deadline, this 1250-word essay is not eligible for any partial credit if submitted late and, therefore, may not be submitted after the posted deadline for any reason. Once the deadline passes, students who had not submitted their assignment will receive a zero.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more