Homework Assignment 1
Write an approximately 3-page paper. Describe the rules for taxation of each of the following types of income. Each response should be 1/3 to ½ page.
1. Long Term Capital Gains and Losses
2. Annuity income
3. Amounts received from settlement of lawsuits or from court judgments. Specify the different treatment for (a) compensation for pain and suffering, (b) punitive damage awards, (c) compensation for mental and emotional distress, (d) compensation for lost wages
4. Discharge of Indebtedness Income
6. Divorce payments: Alimony vs. Child Support vs. Property Division
Homework Assignment 2
Using a search engine, look up the Tax Court case of Regina M. Lomanno vs. Commissioner, 68 T.C.M. 565 (1994).
1. Read the case. I suggest you print it out.
2. Write an approximately 3-page summary of the case as follows:
a) Summary of the facts
b) The issue in the case
c) Describe the underlying facts of what gave rise to the case
d) What did the Court rule? What was the reasoning of the Court?
3. Describe the tax court and how and when a taxpayer gets to bring his or her case to the tax court. You can research this using your favorite search engine.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more