1. Practitioners that have specialized training in the musculoskeletal system are called
A. occupational therapists.
B. physical therapists.
C. rehabilitation specialists.
2. The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 was mandated under the
A. Office of the Inspector General.
B. American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
C. Medicare Act of 1965.
D. Affordable Care Act (ACA).
3. Which one of the following responsibilities is handled by a health information manager?
A. Communicating lab results to doctors
B. Creating employee work schedules
C. Maintaining records related to a patient’s diagnosis
D. Posting employee job openings
4. What is the major reason for establishing National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs)?
A. To improve health care outcomes and ensure patient safety
B. To make laws or rules within institutions
C. To find mistakes within an institution
D. To create a regulatory agency
5. A health care manager is overseeing a health care facility. What action can the health care manager take
to promote a positive working environment and improve patient outcomes?
A. Allow health care workers to arrive when their personal schedules permit
B. Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration
C. Encourage health care workers to skip their breaks to save the facility money
D. Allow health care workers to come in to work when they’re sick
6. Patty has completed the occupational therapy aide program at Penn Foster. This means Patty’s scope of
practice may include
A. assisting client to regain the skills of activities of daily living (ADL).
B. calling prescriptions in to a local pharmacy.
C. taking blood pressure.
D. compounding non-sterile mixtures.
7. Heat, water, sound, and ultrasound procedures are often administered by
A. dental assistants.
B. nurses aides.
C. medical assistants.
D. physical therapy aides.
8. What term is used to refer to the process of communicating with people from different health care
A. Professional coarctation
B. Interprofessional or interdisciplinary collaboration
C. Health care interdisciplinary communication
D. Peer-to-peer review
9. Which one of the following statements indicates that a medical assistant understands his or her scope of
A. “I’ll assist the pharmacist in non-sterile compounding.”
B. “I’ll assist the doctor in procedures and exams when asked to.”
C. “I’ll provide clients with only contact lenses when the doctor has given the patient a prescription.”
D. “I’ll prescribe medications only when the doctor is on vacation.”
10. Which one of the following statements indicates that an individual understands how health insurance
A. “Because of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), I don’t need to apply for health care insurance.”
B. “Because I work in a hospital, I’m eligible for Medicaid coverage.”
C. “Because I’m 60 years old, I can get Medicare coverage.”
D. “Because my father served in the military, I’m eligible for TRICARE insurance.”
11. What is the purpose of Medicare?
A. Provide coverage for people age 65 and older
B. Provide coverage for children
C. Provide coverage for people with lower incomes
D. Provide coverage reimbursement for patients who are terminally ill
12. Identifying key beliefs and cultures is a/an
A. professional characteristic of a health care worker.
B. element of becoming culturally sensitive.
C. component of nursing treatment in the ICU.
D. necessary for the administration of religious rites.
13. Which of the following statements about diagnosis-related groups (DRGs) is correct?
A. DRGs are a method to “group” Medicare payment based on certain classifications.
B. Doctors prescribe DRGs to patients.
C. DRGs are a device used by medical transcriptionists.
D. A medical coder doesn’t need to consider DRGs when filing insurance claims.
14. Respecting each patient’s individuality is inherent in the health care
A. Code of Ethics.
B. TRICARE Privacy Agreement.
C. HCFA Privacy Guidelines.
D. Medicaid Confidentiality Statement.
15. A patient undergoing hospice care
A. has an occupational injury that requires rehabilitation.
B. is in recovery due to substance abuse.
C. is being monitored after surgery.
D. has a terminal illness.
16. Which one of the following services would be provided at an ambulatory care center?
A. Treatment for terminally-ill patients
B. Diagnostic testing
C. Supervised exercises to help restore physical functions
D. Pain relief techniques
17. John works in a hospice facility. What is the mission of hospice care?
A. To provide supportive treatment and alleviate pain for patients who are terminally ill
B. To provide treatment to restore the patient to optimal health
C. To provide physical and occupational therapy
D. To cure the patient
18. What is the purpose of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)?
A. To determine the scope of practice for health care workers
B. To protect doctors against malpractice suits
C. To protect and enhance the privacy of the patient
D. To ensure health care workers’ safety on the job
19. Which one of the following statements about the responsibilities of medical billers and coders is
A. They use three code sets: ICD, CPT, and HCPCS.
B. They play a minor role in health care reimbursement.
End of exam
C. They create documentation required for reimbursement from only third-party payers.
D. They should not examine patient records.
20. Which one of the following health care workers would be employed to provide services at a
A. Louisa, a medical coder
B. Maria, a speech pathology assistant
C. Patrick, a pharmacy technician
D. Jim, a health information manager
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more