E14-9 (Entries and Questions for Bond Transactions) On June 30, 2014, Mischa Auer Company issued $4,000,000 face value of 13%, 20-year bonds at $4,300,920, a yield of 12%. Mackes uses the effective-interest method to amortize bond premium or discount. The bonds pay semiannual interest on June 30 and December 31.
(a) Prepare the journal entries to record the following transactions.
(1) The issuance of the bonds on June 30, 2014.
(2) The payment of interest and the amortization of the premium on December 31, 2014.
(3) The payment of interest and the amortization of the premium on June 30, 2015.
(4) The payment of interest and the amortization of the premium on December 31, 2015.
(b) Show the proper balance sheet presentation for the liability for bonds payable on the December 31, 2015, balance sheet.
(c) Provide the answers to the following questions.
(1) What amount of interest expense is reported for 2015?
(2) Will the bond interest expense reported in 2015 be the same as, greater than, or less than the amount that would be reported if the straight-line method of amortization were used?
(3) Determine the total cost of borrowing over the life of the bond.
(4) Will the total bond interest expense for the life of the bond be greater than, the same as, or less than the total interest expense if the straight-line method of amortization were used?
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more